NFSU Online Privacy Statement
This Online Privacy Statement applies to this website, which is published by a National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU) education, research or service area. The NFSU is committed to respecting individuals’ privacy. By choosing to continue to use this NFSU website, you agree to the NFSU’s collection and use of personal information and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
Collection of Information
The NFSU automatically collects the following information:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- The URL of the website from which you linked directly to the NFSU website;
- The date and time you accessed the NFSU website;
- The pages you visited, including the information requested through your browser, the response from your browser, the size of the page you received in response to the request, and the marketing email or web page that referred you to the page you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access the NFSU website.
Additionally, the NFSU may request that you provide certain personal information such as name, username, email address, mailing address, telephone numbers, or social network account information. The NFSU may aggregate information collected from your visit to this website with other information at the NFSU.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Use of Information
The NFSU will only use your personal data on a lawful basis to fulfill a legitimate interest of the NFSU. The NFSU may use information collected from your visit to this website to:
- Manage and improve the user experience and preferences associated with this website and NFSU communications;
- Track how often people gain access to or read the NFSU content;
- Foster further communications and manage your subscription(s) to NFSU publications;
- Invite and/or register you (upon request) to events that may be of interest to you;
- Optimize and personalize your online interactions with the NFSU;
- Conduct online research, education, training, or surveys;
- Identify anomalies in web traffic in order to help protect personal and NFSU institutional information; and
- Exercise the NFSU’s legal rights, defend against legal claims, or respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
We use Razorpay for processing payments. We/Razorpay do not store your card data on their servers. The data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) when processing payment. Your purchase transaction data is only used as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is not saved.
Our payment gateway adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read terms and conditions of razorpay on https://razorpay.com
The NFSU may use various technologies such as cookies, applets, scripts, server logs, custom URL parameters, tracking images, information and correspondence, or web analytics to collect information. Depending on your browser you may be able to disable certain collection methods. This may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
The NFSU may provide links on this website to other non-NFSU websites. The NFSU may also partner with third parties to place NFSU related ads on non-NFSU websites. Your use of non-NFSU websites is subject to the terms and conditions or privacy statements of the providers of those websites.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If your privacy related questions or concerns are not addressed after contacting the NFSU organizational area to which you provided data, then you may also
Changes to this Online Privacy Statement
The NFSU may periodically update this Online Privacy Statement. The revised statement will be posted at https://www.nfsu.ac.in/privacy-policy.