Dr. Nikunj Brahmbhatt
Instrumental in development of most advanced DNA laboratory in the Directorate of Forensic Science, Gujarat State adopting international at par latest technologies. Reported more than 10000 cases related to various types of sensitive and challenging DNA Profiling cases like murder, gang-rape, child swapping, identification of victim of disaster etc.
- Served as Assistant Director and Head of DNA Division in Directorate of Forensic Science, Gujarat State, for 37 years in solving various types of sensitive and high-profile cases through forensic expertise.
- Helped various Central agencies and other State Forensic Laboratories in solving high profile sensitive complicated cases as forensic DNA expert.
- Assist SAARC countries in solving complicated cases by proper interpretation of results of DNA profiles.
- Since the inception of the then GFSU now NFSU, involved in all the activities of Academics and Administrations of University.
- Served as visiting faculty and guide research scholars in the field of forensic DNA and forensic biotechnology of various Universities like Nirma University, Gujarat University, GFSU, Gujarat Police Academy, Judicial Academy of Gujarat etc.
- Presented 17 research papers related to Forensic DNA profiling and Gujarat Population Studies in various journals, proceedings and conferences.
- Team member of invited Delegation of Forensic DNA Experts, representing India, at FBI-USA, sponsored by USA Government.
- Invited delegate member as Forensic Expert at University of Cape-Coast, Ghana, Africa, sponsored by Ghana Government for knowledge sharing and forensic capacity building program and University curriculum revamping.
- Guide in development of computer program for statistical software, which resolves kinship disputes and identification of suspects in sexual assault cases using DNA profiling indexing.